Your privacy on the Internet is of utmost importance to the Manifest Garden Foundation. This privacy statement describes Our policy concerning the gathering and sharing of visitors’ and donors’ information through Our web site. It applies to all “Manifest Garden sites” – that is, all sites within the “manifestgarden.org” domain name. You should note that through this site you may reach or be directed to other sites that relate to Manifest Garden, such as http://volunteergarden.org/. All these sites have their own privacy statements, which are similar to this one, but may vary slightly. By visiting the Manifest Garden website you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
What information does Manifest Garden collect?
Normal website usage
In general, you can browse the Manifest Garden site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
Collection of personally identifiable information
If you register for a newsletter, create a user account to log on to our sites or join electronic discussion groups, request information, provide feedback, apply for a job, become a volunteer, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, age, postal address and e-mail address. This information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is kept in various Manifest Garden databases. If you donating on the web, you may be asked to provide your credit card details.
For certain Manifest Garden sites, registering or supplying personal information sets a cookie.* By setting this cookie, Manifest Garden will remember your details the next time you visit, so you don’t have to re-enter the information. This helps us to provide you with a better service.
Joining electronic discussion groups may mean that other participants of the discussion group (including non-Manifest Garden employees) will see personal information that you have volunteered. For open discussion groups, this information will be public.
Special note about information from those under 18
We do not discourage a younger generation to participate in this organization to help the people we affect. Those under the age of 18 will need to provide contact name and email address of their parent / guardian to verify account registration. This happens during registration, for convenience. These accounts must be verified by the parent / guardian to participate.
What does Manifest Garden do with the information it collects?
Normal web usage
The information gathered during general browsing of the “manifestgarden.org” domain is used to analyse trends and usage of Our site and to improve the usefulness of the site. It is not connected with any personal information. However, if you have registered with Manifest Garden in connection with any activity on the site, the information we collect about your normal web usage will be identifiable to you.
Personally identifiable information
Manifest Garden may use the personal information you provide to:
- Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc. to you, and we also may provide the information to the Manifest Garden Foundation committees so they can contact you as well;
- Manage and process your job application;
- Confirm your donation and registrations on the site;
- Obtain payment for donations through the site (via credit card, check, direct, etc);
- “Remember” your online profile and preferences;
- Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and help us create site contents most relevant to you;
- Undertake statistical analysis.
What if I don’t want to provide personal information?
Providing personal information on the Manifest Garden web site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the Manifest Garden site, but you will not be able to carry out certain actions such as donating, registering for a newsletter, or applying for a job.
Opting out and changing your information
At any time, you can cancel or modify your information by returning to the web page where you first provided the information and contacting the focal point for that page/relevant Manifest Garden department. Where contact details are not provided on the page, you can contact us for further information.
However, Manifest Garden assumes no responsibility for the security of information.
The Manifest Garden site contains link to sites external to the manifestgarden.org domain. Manifest Garden is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
Notification of changes
* cookies: a Cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from the web server to your browser. It is normally used to assign a unique identification to your computer and securely store information such as user IDs, passwords, preferences, and online profiles. It is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You can choose not to have cookies delivered by Manifest Garden sites by changing your browser settings. Different web sites can send their own cookies to your computer. To protect your privacy, your browser only allows a web site to access the cookies it has already sent you, no the cookies sent by other sites.[/fusion_text]